Sunday, March 22, 2009

Disciple Now

This weekend I had the awesome opportunity to go up to Greensboro NC with a group of College friends to help lead small groups for an event many of you may have heard of called Disciple Now. I had co-leader Trent, and a group of 5 awesome guys that were ready to learn and just overall happy to be there. I prayed for them all last week leading up to the moment I met them and even after the event I'm going to continue praying for them. They took in a lot of info in 4 sessions which were based off of Joshua's Life and the things he dealt/struggled with.

Last night we had a bon fire with worship and a brief alter call kind of deal with the youth pastor. Emotions were high and I was glad to be part of a group that got to watch as 7 students accepted Christ into their lives for the first time. Now I've seen it happen before, time and time again really but its always a joyous occasion to welcome in new Family members :D Overall it was a good weekend and this was just a small recap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome man,that makes my day hear that 7 people got saved!