Thursday, March 5, 2009

Perseverance

James 1:2-4

2. Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,

3. because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

4. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete not lacking anything.

This is short sweet and to the point, and Its what I'm learning to do. Pastor Furtick is currently talking about "The Dip" ( http://www.elevationchurch.org/mediaPlayer.php ) which refers to our trails in life. Persevere and push through "The Dip" it will develop your abilities to do God's will, and as Pastor said Sunday, "On the other side of The Dip lies Victory." I dont know about you but I enjoy Victory. Thats something to get excited about, and when you're in The Dip, or look back on it you might even "Consider it Pure Joy"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a great point. Because I know it can be hard to persevere; I had to persevere in a situation that came up last night and lasted most of today. Even though I could have done a better job, I did take a stand.

~Jesse