Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fruits of Labor

I thought I would just share this with all of you that read my blog. This is an email from a girl that went to Disciple Now this past weekend and I thought it was pretty cool. The premise for me posting this is even if you play a very small part in something everybodys input adds up in the end and the payoff can be amazing and impactful.

Dear all,
Last night, the night of March 21st, 2009, something huge happened to
me. I
was on a church retreat called Disciple Now. We were in a service and it
was
very dark and I was thinking,"Why is it so dark in here?" Suddenly the
service started and a song started playing. Usually, I don't participate
or
sing at all in church services, but suddenly I found myself singing and
crying for joy. I was just so moved. I saw God in that service. When the
service was over, we went outside to have a bonfire. Our youth minister,
Mr.
Jim Scott, was talking about how to accept Jesus Christ as our savior.
We
were praying, and he said, "If you want to accept Jesus Christ right now
as
your Savior, make eye contact with me." Suddenly, I felt the presence of
God
rise in me. I made eye contact with Mr. Jim, and boy was he happy. He
hugged
me and said, "Welcome to our family." My life has changed so much in
just
one day, and I just feel so overcome with the greatness of our Savior
Jesus
Christ. My heart was moved, and now my life will revolve around our
Savior.
I will go to Youth Group, pray, and try to show as many people as I can
that
God is great! I encourage all of you to go out and try church. Jesus is
the
reason you are on this Earth. He is so great and it is just so wonderful
to
have him here with you.
With Jesus, you are never alone.
Amen.
With Love

I took her name out just for privacy purposes but this is very real and from a very young girl. God can work in many ways. "The Harvest is plentiful the Workers are few." Luke 10:2

No comments: