Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Forsaken

So I recently started reading through the book of Jeremiah. I got about 2 chapters in and started thinking and reflecting a little on chapter 2 which starts off titled Isreal Forsakes God.... Now this isnt the first time Israel has done this and it sure as heck isnt the last time they do this.... So I'm sitting here thinking

"Man those morons cant they freakin see how awesome God is? I mean come on hes sent prophet after prophet to them. delivered them from trial after trial and everything is fantastic when they are following him. Why on earth would they be so stupid as to turn their backs on him?"

Read back over that last paragraph. but modify it a little... Instead of Israelites put your name in there and read it a little more like this. Like always I'll be the example, your rereading will look a little different.

"Man Brett is a moron cant he freakin see how awesome God is? I mean come on Gods sent teacher after teacher his way to invest in him and build him up. Hes brought Brett through trial after trial and when Brett is following God life is good, its not always easy but its good and Brett is happy because doing the will of the Lord completes him. Now, Why on Earth would Brett be so Stupid as to turn his Back on God and fall back into a sin pattern or not be steady in his quiet time, or even when he goes back home this summer and after his Mom has her surgery not have a cheerful heart as he cares for her needs? Why? Gods Been so good and so faithful and still Brett puts him on the back burner sometimes. What good is that?"

I know that Jeremiah wasnt written to me or about me and that these were all faults found in the Israelites of the time, but I felt that the truths I pulled from it were to good not to blog about. I'm not trying to guilt trip anybody into going overboard with following Jesus, I'm just trying to say that if God really is this Awesome Entity we proclaim him to be (and he is) then why dont our lives constantly reflect it? and why do we continue to keep falling back into the motions of everyday life not being fueled by him?

No comments: