Friday, June 5, 2009

He Must Increase I must Decrease.

Theres something I've been running into over the past week over and over. Its best summed up in the verse John 3:30.

"He must Increase, and I must Decrease."
American Standard Bible

Another Translation Reads:

"He must become
More Important, and I must become Less Important."

International Standard Version

Yesterday I was weedeating for a friend, and while I was weedeating I started thinking. What are some ways that I can Decrease and allow for God to Increase in my life? I think thats a pretty valid question everyone should ask themselves every day. It keeps you in check and can help you in bettering your life.

For me This might look like being a better steward of my time and resources. If you would let me, I could sleep 15 hours then wake up and eat and play video games for the remaining 9 hours every day for the rest of my life I think. That would be silly and there would be no glorifying God in it. So even though I dont play THAT much and sleep That long I should still monitor how long I sleep and not "sleep the day away". And I should take into moderation my gaming. That would leave more open time for things such as going to an 8th grade graduation for some of the youth from the youth group I work with. Or being able to wake up early and lead a discipleship group because I got enough sleep and didnt stay up all night playing video games.

We as humans have this instilled desire to promote "Self" and make "Self" Happy so we tend to leverage our time and resources to benefit ourselves. But like John 3:30 says I must decrease but at the same time He must increase. Evaltuate your life see what needs changing and then invest what you need to where you need to. God gave you Gifts and a desire, put them to work. Don't waste them.

No comments: