Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Goals

In life you can do one of two things....

You can Progress or you can Digress.

I'm not the same person now that I was two years ago. Heck I'm not the same person today that I was 2 weeks ago and as a matter of fact I dont want to be the same person in 10 years that I am now. You will always be progressing your life or digressing your life in some manner.

I had the opportunity to sit in on a lunch meeting today with my friend and Mentor Durl and one of the Elders of our church Ernie. A little background on Ernie, he has been in sales all his life and currently does a lot of work with The Haggai Institute founded by Doctor John Edmund Haggai. The meeting was to talk about Durl and his moving plans but I got a little bit of info out of it for myself as well.

Ernie made the comment "In life you have to set goals. If you don't you will digress." he also made the comment, "How much passion is in your life?" I started thinking about people I admire and hold in high reguard and evaluated their lives a little. They all are very successful and its because they work very hard at the things they want and set goals and reflect on them daily.

Ernie asked "Do you review your goals daily?" well in my case no not really cause I suck and to date I havent set many goals. And then I think to people like John Bishop, Caroline, and Durl. Eveyday John goes to Elevations church office and reviews his goals as he begins the day. Every day Caroline thinks and dreams of the day shes going to be a Radio City Rockette, Every day Durl is taking steps toward raising money and gaining support to reach his destination in July. All these people set goals, reflect on these goals and take steps to carry out these goals which is evident to me in their everyday lives.

So if you're like me and you suck (that is in not having many if any goals and you fail at reflecting on them.) then evaluate your life and set some goals to start off with. Then review your goals daily. After that start asking yourself questions like "What are you doing better this week than you did last week."

Be bold in your goal making too. I'll end on this quote that I hope will encourage you in your goal making.

"Attempt something so great for God it's doomed to failure unless God be in it."
-John Edmund Haggai

No comments: