Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regret.

The past week has been a very good one. A lot went down and I was running around a lot. I drove down to Charlotte Monday night of last week and crashed at my small group leader's house. Woke up early Tuesday and met John Bishop and Jared Abel for breakfast. Then proceeded to UNCC's campus, and changed my major. I ate lunch with a studly Wynne. I researched a lot of things in the library for like 4 hours, then drove to Carowinds to pick up some tickets for the youth. Took a Mr. Adam Shinn along for the ride and had good time of conversation. I later went back to my small group leaders house for small group, and got to hang with my boys. Love those guys. Then after small group I was sitting around with my Small Group Leader and decided I wanted to drive another 2 hours or so to see somebody very special. This is where the title comes in.

They didnt want me to drive because it was storming which is a valid reason. However I was thinking about it, and if I hadnt gone to see them I would have regretted it immenseley because I had the time, money, and ability to go see them crash and then hang out the next day a little. Again this person is very special to me, so I really wanted to see them. Yes I frustrated them and yes I probably should have just waited till morning but I drove on. I ended up crashing (as in sleeping) in Greensboro at a friends house. This was a blessing in itself because again this was somebody I care greatly about and I greatly enjoyed my ..... like 5 hour stay at their house.

So moving on, I got up around 5:30 and then drove on toward my next destination. I got there and was able to hang out for the morning and eat breakfast and spend some much needed time with this person. I then left arond 11:00 and got home about 2:30.

I tell you all of this because....

I Reserved no resources, I used every means I had (and then some) to get to where I wanted to be.

I did not Retreat even when that person told me to stay in Charlotte and not travel and that I could just come see them another time.

And I wasnt about to not go because of the Regret I knew I would have if I didnt go.

What does this have to do with anything spiritual?

Well in our daily walk with Christ we should live it out in just such a manner. We shouldnt Reserve ourselves we should get out of our comfort zone and love the unlovable, care for the needy, and pour out our lives into those who dont have anyone investing in them.

We cant back down and Retreat from what God has called us to do. We have to boldly go out and proclaim what God has layed on our hearts and live out what he has commanded of us.

And finally we need to live life in a way that would leave us with no Regrets. This last one is hard because we have to always be vigilant and open to the will of God. We have to be seeking opportunities and actually accepting them once they are presented. I was always bad in highschool to pray and ask God for the opportunity to do something, and then when it presented itself I would back down or turn the other way. Not always but I Regret it and wish I hadnt.

So my wish for you all today is that you would live life with no Reserve, no Retreat, and no Regret.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Brett. It's Andrew from UNCC. I really don't have a comment about the blog itself but I thought I'd point out an error that you may want to fix.

Right below the "What does this have to do with anything spiritual?", you have "well in our daily walk with Chris" and not "Christ". Just thought a newcomer to your blog may be thrown off by that.

Hope you're doing well.
Peace.

Rufus said...

I am studly!! Sorry, I just got to reading this blog post!!