Thursday, February 19, 2009

Worship

Last night I led Worship. This was the first time I had led Worship for Intervarsity in over a year. I had my reasons for stopping last year and was a little skeptical about doing it at first when my friend Aaron asked. However it went off without a hitch (Thank Jesus....) and the best part is I kept my eyes closed so I didn't have to look at anyone the entire time. Really it was great.

But seriously the basis for this post is to encourage people to go out and do things that they don't do anymore. I used to really enjoy leading worship but its been over a year since I really exercised it and when I finally did again I was reminded of my love for it.

So if there's something you used to love doing that for whatever reason you just don't do it anymore. Pick it back up and give it another try, even if you're nervous it couldn't hurt. I mean if you used to love it why shouldn't you still feel the same way?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great to hear that you stepped up and lead worship. I've been the same way before about keeping my eyes closed. I think I do that so I block the rest of the world and temporal things out; maybe it helps me focus.

May Jesus bless you, Brett!

~Jesse